BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 6, 2012

Our Budget Has Changed

by Pen Waggener
I received an e-mail from one of my employers stating their budget has changed and they will no longer need me for the foreseeable future.

I don't really have any qualms about this, seven hour work days suck anyway, but what really bothered me was the jabbing text about how they haven't heard from me in two days.  Incorrect, according to my e-mail record I responded to their previous message in about twenty-four hours.  Reasonable and professional timing in my opinion, but there is more.

Last week I worked six hours, a total of $84,  she said she would mail me my check, she lost it in her diaper bag, after a week of me contacting her, she sent one e-mail and still didn't tell me where she sent it.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad I will not be called on again for a while, her home was chaos, she was unclear about what she needed from me half the time, I was scared to throw anything away, she was very over protective, I loved her kids, but she was too dysfunctional to work for.

It was good timing anyway because I want to go back to school and I'm not going to be able to work two jobs because of how much time it costs me.  Thankfully the school I'm going too offers online classes, so it will be a little easier.  Now can I just get my tax forms from the government?  Please?




0 comments: