BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 22, 2012

Litha, Summer Solstice, Summertime; Blessed Be

Hello summertime!  The kids are out, the harvest is set in the ground and the sun is high in the sky.


I did my first ritual in a while, but I love summer because it's warm and the sunshine.  I love sunny windy days because it is not too hot or cold.  It was a perfect day for the solstice ritual and I enjoyed every moment of it.


Of course when I burrowed through my supplies I realized I needed to restock lots of my herbs and oils, in light of that I decided to keep my ritual simple.


I cleansed myself in the shower using some handmade soap my sister makes, if she ever created an Etsy account I'll post her stuff, grabbed my iphone and headed out into the front yard with some bird seed.


I use the music on my phone to drown out the freeway nearby and the music was just perfect on Pandora.  I called my quarters sat down and just focused on how the earth felt against my whole body.  I thought about the sun and how it gives life to all the living things and how everything only lives because of cooperation.

The breeze felt so nice against my skin and I could help but relax in the rays.  I said a little thank you to the sun and gods who bring balance to the world around us, spreading the birdseed and hoping my plants would grow strong and healthy.


So many little buds were peeking out in my front yard, just beginning to see the sun and preform their photosynthesis.  I felt alive with the plants, like a plant, living off the sun.  I floated around in this feeling for a while, I had nowhere to go, until I felt my blessing was complete, closed the circle and continued with my day.


People forget how simple you can make a ritual sometimes, especially if you are in the city or just on the go.  I even forgot and I feel so rejuvenated.


On a side note I've joined a CSA and I'm sharing with another family.  It's amazing!


The strawberries are amazing, the eggs are all different colors.  The lettuce is so crisp, the potatoes, carrots and broccoli!  AMAZING!


I advise anyone who can join a CSA to join, not only are you supporting your local farmers, but the food is fresh that day you pick it up.  The name of the CSA is Live Earth Farm and if you are close enough I insist you join.

0 comments: